Irrespective of the destination and the people we are travelling with, each time we go on a trip, whether it is a long journey or within the city, we end up seeing and experiencing new things that enrich our lives. Taking a flight can take us to places in a jiffy, but the view from the window that a bus travel can give is unparalleled. And if we travel by a luxury bus, the comfort and speed that we experience cannot be debated.
Scania buses’ presence on Indian roads has given bus journeys a completely new dimension. Whether you are in Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Ahmedabad or Surat, you can take a ride in Scania buses. With the objective “Moving people and changing minds,” they have indeed brought a new level of luxury, comfort and not to mention safety.
A walk through history:
This Sweden-based bus manufacturer gave its first bus to the world in 1911. However, its Indian presence has been in partnership with Larsen & Toubro (L&T) since 2007. Earlier, it was catering only to the mining and construction sectors. But in 2011, it set up Scania Commercial Vehicles India, thereby launching truck assembly and bus body building factories. Now, India boasts of a Scania parts depot. Since then, Scania bus is a new charmer on Indian roads, with its plush interiors and extravagant exterior looks.
In December 2013, Scania in collaboration with Siddhi Vinayak Logistic Limited has taken bus travel to another stage of comfort by introducing 7-star luxury buses in India, complete with cabin crew, recliner seats and LCD televisions. Just like the facilities provided in airlines, a passenger has the option of pre-booking his/her meals. There’s even more reason to cheer, as a passenger will be picked-up and dropped according to his/her convenient points.
It reached another milestone in January 2014, when KPN Travels based in Salem, Tamil Nadu, launched the Scania inter-city bus service in South India. For now, it plies only on the Bangalore to Madurai route and vice versa.
Again in February 2014, it started its Fleet Management Service in the country, which is customised to fit an operator’s needs. This will ensure training of drivers, fleet management and transport operation.
Why Scania Bus?
- Now, people complaining of leg pain during a bus journey can relax. Scania buses have extra leg space that enables passengers to freely stretch their tiring legs.
- Its opticruise 8-speed automated gear changing and Euro 3 engine ensures a smooth ride.
- The advanced braking system in Scania buses will see to it that that passengers travel in comfort.
- Safety as it prime focus, it ensures that there is ample fire safety measures.
- Scania buses address the challenges of carbon dioxide emission. Thus, making it eco-friendly and fuel-efficient.
- The highly dependable multi-purpose coaches are safe and comfortable for short as well as long journeys. From the smart interiors to the engines and controls to chassis and luggage space to seating space everything have been precisely crafted.
Take a look at the interiors of the 7-star Scania bus:
Now, that you know how Scania buses have bolstered our bus travel, the next time you plan a trip to any of the major cities, get into a Scania bus and ride in comfort and luxury.
Do you bother about the bus brands while booking your tickets? Tell us which is your favourite brand and why.
To know more about Scania buses, log in to www.scania.com.